Pupils have the opportunity to serve the school as part of the Chaplaincy Team. The Chaplaincy team play a vital role in the Spiritual life of the school and are supported by our Chaplain and other school leaders. The Chaplaincy Team is made up of two class members from years 3 -6, who all applied in writing for the role.
Our Aims of the Chaplaincy Team are:
- To help the school to grow as a community of faith.
- To support Liturgy, prayer and the spiritual life of the school.
- To involve pupils in fundraising for charities.
- Build an awareness for social justice and the needs of the poor in our school and wider community.
- To make prayer fun and engaging for the pupils at Holy Cross.
- Make a difference to our school.
The Chaplaincy Team meet regularly and work closely with the Chaplain and other staff members to support whole school worship. They organise and lead class prayers along with other pupils. The Chaplaincy Team ensure that the class and school communal prayer areas are tidy and are reflective of the Church’s Liturgical Season. They also help to lead and organise fundraising for charity throughout the year.