- Admission Information
- Morning & Breakfast Clubs
- After School Clubs
- Free School Meals
- Lunchtime Menu
- Parent View
- School Uniform
- English Martyrs
- Family Learning
School Curriculum - Find out more
As an inclusive school, we value the way that each child is unique and we have high aspirations for every child. We recognise that children learn best when they feel happy, safe and secure. Within a nurturing school environment our carefully designed curriculum stimulates children’s natural curiosity and enthusiasm, making learning ‘come alive’ through a broad and rich programme of study, activities and events.
We are committed to achieving excellence in all areas of the curriculum. We link the National Curriculum subjects and RE through topics wherever possible, increasing children’s motivation and enjoyment of learning by making it relevant and meaningful for them.
We aim to care for and educate the whole child, developing well-rounded individuals healthy in mind, body and spirit.
The key aims for our curriculum are:
- to have a clear focus on learning and teaching.
- to provide high quality teaching of core skills in literacy, numeracy, ICT, problem solving and religious education that ensures progress.
- to assist children to be increasingly able to make an informed and mature response to God in faith and to nurture that faith in a community of prayer and values in action
- to develop in our children an awareness of their personal learning styles and strengths and encourage them to assume more responsibility for their progress
- to develop the key personal qualities of resilience, perseverance and a positive attitude to learning
- to provide real contexts for learning and link learning to support children’s understanding of the world around them
- to support parents/carers in providing real contexts where children can apply the skills they are learning in school
- to encourage life long learning
- to make learning fun!
Our curriculum promotes independent learning, transferable life skills and global citizenship, enabling children to grow into successful, informed and responsible citizens.
All staff work to build on our children’s capacity to become
- successful learners
- confident individuals
- responsible citizens
- effective contributors
Learning in a faith community
The ethos of the school is a crucial element in the delivery of an effective Curriculum. At Holy Cross Catholic School, faith and Christian values are at the heart of our ethos. The Catholic school is essentially a community of faith, working in partnership with home and parish.